Friday, June 25, 2010

Home Depot Adventures: Deck Materials and Lumber Edition

Before we could start rebuilding the deck, we had to go to our favorite place in the whole world! You guessed it, the Home Depot! Alex and I have gone on many adventures at Home Depot, and I am sure there will be many, many more, so I will try to blog about the exciting trips- or I guess you can call it the trips that make you want to pull your hair out and have a mental breakdown. There's no better time to pull out a camera and capture the moment!

So we needed to get wood to rebuild the top (existing frame) of the deck, and then build a new lower level deck. Here is one cart full of lumber- if you are wondering there are 36 boards on that cart.

And the other cart, this one has 16 boards, two 4x4's, and other materials like deck nails, joint frames, and the stairs. Alex and I did this on a Saturday night, so HD was pretty empty and their staff was non existent! I pushed that cart from the lumber department to the registers in flip flops! It might not look hard, but the weight of the lumber was crazy! I can't believe I did it, then as we got to the registers two guys said, 'oh no one helped you with that' as they just stood there, nice job HD. Most of the time I find their staff to be pretty awesome, but not on a Saturday night!Now the fun part, we rented a Home Depot truck to bring the lumber home, thank goodness they helped us load it! The truck was $20 for 75 minutes, not a bad deal. I had to snap a photo of us in the HD truck, good times!

We then unloaded the lumber and returned the truck, then it was time to get to work!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?