Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Three Years of Adventure in Marriage

Today marks our third wedding anniversary. 
It made me think about something my Uncle Sal wrote on our wedding guest book photo matte- "You are embarking on a lifetime adventure."  I remember thinking when I read it that day "An adventure? I don't feel adventurous in this big poofy gown, hmmm?"

I guess I thought it was something interesting and totally different than what most of our guests wrote.  Maybe that is why I still remember it and think about it when I glance at it since it is hanging on our wall.  But I feel like now I understand it a little more...not entirely though of course (hey, I know we are only on anniversary #3)... and of course I looked up this definition...


Exciting, unusual, bold, risky, uncertain outcome... Well that all sounds kind of weird, scary and fantastic at the same time right?  Simply put, I feel that it is very true to what a marriage is.  It is an adventure filled with all sorts of ups and downs and I don't think any couple can predict the outcome of their journey together but, I certainly enjoy taking this journey with Mr. H&HH. 

As Alex and I celebrate the third year of our 'adventure' today,  I'm hoping it is more exciting, unusual, and bold but, not all that risky... LOL!  Thank you Uncle Sal for the wise words. 

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Many more adventures await! Congratulations on marking three....the best is yet to be! We just celebrated 23...married straight out of college and wouldn't change a thing! I love the chat about adventure! I had just put a sign up in our kitchen, "Welcome to our great adventure!" as my husband had taken a new job out of the area and my son was starting his jr year of high school! It's all really wonderful and scary and exciting and hooray for ADVENTURE!!!!!!
    Keep writing and enjoying the journey on your own great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! I hope it was filled with an undertaking of epic proportions :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary, a little late! When I think of the "risky" part of marriage, it's taking the risk of being yourself, fully and without reservation. That can be hard to share sometimes, even with your spouse. Congratulations on your three years together, and here's to many more adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary, a little late! When I think of the "risky" part of marriage, it's taking the risk of being yourself, fully and without reservation. That can be hard to share sometimes, even with your spouse. Congratulations on your three years together, and here's to many more adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uncle Sal is a wise man & your adventure has only yet begun. May it continue to be a fun & loving one.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?