Sunday, January 12, 2014

Award Show Kickoff! Thoughts on the Fashion & Films?

I know this isn't a typical blog topic, but since it's something I enjoy following along with I thought you might too?  So let's chat!

Award show season is upon us!  You know what that means right?!  Yes- movies, TV, but more importantly is the red carpet fashion!  I can't help it, the high heels side of me is a total sucker for all the red carpet news coverage and there's plenty of it going on tonight for the Golden Globes! So before we get into TV & movies up for awards, I have to ask the most important question first...

Who's red carpet look are you digging most?  Here's who caught my eye...  
Leslie Mann in Dolce & Gabbana, Reese Witherspoon in Calvin Klein,  Margot Robbie in Gucci, Olivia Wilde in Gucci Premiere, Channing Tatum in Gucci with wife Jenna Dewan-Tatum, Amber Heard in Versace
Okay, onto movies and TV!
I admit that Alex and I were (again) pretty lazy around the house, but thankfully we were able to get out and about this weekend!  We decided to check out a couple of the most buzzed about movies which included American Hustle and The Wolf of Wall Street.


Have you seen either film?  What did you think?
Did American Hustle live up to the hype?
Was The Wolf of Wall Street offensive or did it depict a true crazy story well?

We saw Dallas Buyers Club a few weeks ago, but there's a bunch more we still need to see- 12 Years a Slave, Gravity, Her, Captain Phillips, Nebraska, and August: Osage County.  Geeze that is a lot to get to- Which films should we make sure not to miss?

When it came to TV, Alex did a serious Breaking Bad marathon.  I caught most of the first, second, and last seasons.  Gotta give it to Brian Cranston, he's the man in that role!  We're cheering him on tonight for sure!   That said... 


Who are you rooting for at this year's award shows?
Did anyone get robbed?

************************

I promise to share that other DIY from last weekend this week!  This is what I painted but what I am doing with them will be a lot more fun to look at, more to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. Fun recap! I thought Kate Beckinsale nailed it. And for movies... Inside Llewyn Davis and Dallas Buyers Club were really good. Philomena and Nebraska are on my list to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo yes! I saw her during the show, she did look fab! I need to see Inside Llewyn Davis, Philomena and Nebraska still, at least all the movies pass the time during the crummy winter months :)

      Delete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?