Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Look at Our 2014 Christmas Decor

Yikes, can you believe we are just 9 days away from Christmas?!  I'm freaking out a little bit because I am not feeling ready at all!  At least I finally have the tree decorated along with the mantel & dining room!  I meant to get these pics up on Saturday but my hubby returned from his two week Australia + New Zealand trip so... I was, ummm, busy :)

As I mentioned in my inspiration post, the decorations are pretty simple/minimal this year but it still feels cozy and Christmas-y... especially now that Alex is home!  Here's a look at our 2014 Christmas tree & decor!
The most fun I had with the decorations this year was finding a new spot for our tree which ended up being next next to our staircase.  Not sure if it's my favorite tree location but I really wanted to try something new.  Other than that, my favorite details are the large white paper stars and the faux sheepskins, but to be honest with you-  I kind of miss the over-the-top Christmas-y look.  I know I wanted to keep things a bit more simple, clean, and white but maybe our house just looks more charming during the holiday season when it's filled with more Christmas themed decor?  (click to see our 2013 tree)

What do you think?
Are you liking the more simple holiday style or do you miss the uber Christmas-y decorations?
Do you put your tree in the same spot each year?
What decor elements are your favorites this year?

Last but not least, I caught a couple adorable Rocco & Sadie by the Christmas tree moments that I had to share, that one of Sadie snoozing just melted by heart!  

Now, I'm going to get my rear in gear and wrap some presents tonight!  Anyone tackling any fun DIY gift projects this year?  I'd love to hear about them if you are!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?