Monday, May 4, 2015

Onto the Next

Perhaps you have noticed the slowing of blog posts and the lack of house project happenings?  I know I have!  The slowing on projects along with our six year house anniversary milestone last month made me realize something-  We've made this house our home, no longer our ongoing project. 

Things have changed for us in the past year, we've been living more life in these walls than thinking about the color they should be painted- no joke I am honestly tearing up as I type, weird!   Long gone are the days when I traded in my heels for a hammer when I walked through the door.  I don't think my DIY-ing days are done at all but I know that the things that keep me creative, inspired, and driven have shifted and I gotta go where that wind blows :)

Our adventure in this house isn't over but maybe now we're onto the 'next story in the series' and it has a whole new plot... or something like that?  You get what I'm saying right?  Sorry, I seem to be full of cliche's and metaphors all of a sudden.

One thing I do know, is that Hammers and High Heels has always meant something more than just this house renovation and the DIY's we've shared.  This blog helped give me a voice, confidence, and a love for writing that I never knew existed inside of me.  I have truly loved sharing every story on this silly blog- even the ones I knew were dumb to begin with.  I've missed writing.  I've missed the story telling.


With that said, whatever that new story might be, I hope you'll join me on the journey.

To be continued......  !

1 comment:

  1. I still like it when you post! How do you curl your hair to make it look so adorable? So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! What's on your mind?